HBCU Week x Capital One Scholarship
Application Due Date
February 15, 2022
Completed applications should be submitted electronically. If absolutely necessary, please mail completed applications to P.O BOX 1546 Wilmington, DE 19899.
- Scholarship decisions will be made by June 1st.
- Scholarship Awards funding will be given no later than August 31st.
Complete and submit application by February 15th
Provide most recent, verifiable high school transcript (Subject to authentication)
Provide proof of acceptance at an Historically Black College or University (HBCU)*
Acceptance letters can be submitted through 4/10/22. All other application materials must be submitted by 2/15/22.
- Be a citizen or legal permanent resident of the United States
- Complete or have completed high school with a minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale (unweighted) and be entering their freshman year of college
- Attend a Historically Black College or University (HBCU) for the entirety of their college education.
- Demonstrate financial need
The scholarship can be used for tuition, room and board. A student may accept additional scholarships but they cannot exceed the total cost of their education.
If you have questions about eligibility, please contact scholarship@HBCUWeek.org. Students applying for the scholarship will be responsible for disclosing any potential conflict of interest prior to the selection process.
- Academic accomplishments
- Financial Need
- Community involvement